Friday 6 May 2011

Special Days




               Wondering again, thinking on what do I scribble today and how to write something interesting or may be not so interesting which would catch your eyes and leave a little question at the end making you think if it is really the way it is with you or should it have been the way this is or some other way…. Confused? So am I…. ha ha. I am not playing any puzzles today nor am I trying to puzzle you with my words. I was just trying to make you feel a bit relaxed as this one thought of mine is nothing serious to think of but at the same time it is indeed something you must have felt in your own lives too.

We have so many days of the year for celebrating blessed relations like Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day and also Friendship Day. How many of us celebrate it on that particular day only and not the other days? I have a different way of thinking which I would love to share with you, and it depends on you if you agree with me or not. For me relationships have been very important, right from the very beginning and that is with my family and my friends. And I truly treasure every one of them and I would like to dedicate this blog to all of them whom I love and care for. I believe that we don’t need one particular day to make someone feel special and how important they are in our life rather I feel we can make them feel special in different ways and on different days or every day. There are many who aren’t very comfortable showing they care for their loved ones and that is where we all should be a bit open. A few genuine words of admiration or appreciation work like magic, a smile and a hug to your Maa or Dad or your friend creates an even strong bonding. Leaving a surprise gift for no particular occasion or leaving a hand written card,  note or sending flowers to your parents not for their anniversary would make them feel so special and think that you still care and love them and will always be with them at all the times. We are busy people and we have no leisure but how about stealing a few minutes from our busy schedule and calling up our loved ones and surprise them with your call. Personally I love receiving surprise gifts and giving as well. In fact we all love to be felt special, so why don’t we just try a bit harder to make the one we are close to feel how much we care for them not just on one particular day but any day or all days of the year. It is already May and Mother’s Day is approaching, so I guess many must have thought of buying something special for your Maa to make her feel how lucky you are to have her in your life. How about buying a surprise for your father too and making it a special day for both of them and not just for one of them so that they can cherish the moment and so can you? I am doing so and I will keep you posted on how their reaction was as well.



Just few last words, love yourself and love the ones who are with you and make them feel how much you love them for who they are and how they have been through your thick and thin times. Words play a vital role so converse more and don’t let any tiny thing break your relation. Celebrate days with your friends and family to make it a special day and not just by celebrating on special days.

3 comments:

  1. Like it :)..yes the idea that it is people who make the day special and not special days that make people happy..wonder sometimes if this is what make us mature Dia :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm... the thought does vary from person to person my dear. For me its not the special days which count but the special people who are with me.. :)

    ReplyDelete